Sunday, July 17, 2011

My very first blog post...EVER!

Here it is! I am so excited about this. I've been contemplating starting my own blog for over a year now. After spending hours and hours researching just about every blog I could find -many of them multiple times- I decided it was time. I am what some would call a procrastinating-nervous-nelly-perfectionist. I've been told this is an attribute. I do my research. I have answers before I move forward. I am PREPARED! However, I also tend to wait for the "right time" or even worse, perfection. Both of which, as you probably know, never happen. My dreams and visions rarely came to fruition and I found myself focusing on regrets and unfinished projects. NO MORE! This blog is the beginning of life changes for me. The pursuit of happiness and good times are finally on my radar. Perfection is boring and seeking perfection caused my life to become stagnant, null and imperfect. Ironic, indeed.

I love my life. Please believe that. Those who know me might balk at my feelings of nullity. I have a handsome and loving husband. He is a fantastic father. My three children are beautiful and gorgeous, not to mention smart! We are happy, healthy, successful, in love, and together. All major accomplishments for many families in today's society. I am surrounded by friends and family who love me and adore my family. I shouldn't ask for more, right? Right. At least not from them. I am asking more of myself. Much more! I deserve to live up to my potential. It may take me the rest of my life, but I will do it!

I would like to welcome you to Left on Highland. Please be patient with me as I experiment and grow.  Embark on this journey of love, laughter, design and dogs with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment