Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Let us start with the first room you see as you enter our home!

The black door is our main entrance. Big change coming for that door!


I struggle with corner fireplaces. I find them difficult to design around. Particularly when they are immediately next to the front door and located in a long and narrow room. Can you say challenge? Bring it on!

These stairs go up to the sleeping level and down to our finished basement. I don't love much of the log in our home, but I love the stairs. They are beautiful in the morning sunlight.

These skylights were once located in our master bedroom. We added a master bath and walk-in closet addition to the office/loft area and walled it in. (More photos of that project later.) The skylights had to be moved because of the new roofline. They now wash the hearthroom with natural sunlight. I am thankful for that. This is a photo taken from the loft before we closed it up.
My hubs and I are about to "repurpose" this space in an entirely different way. I am very excited about it. The logs are what sold this home to my hubs. I don't love them. I am a traditional farmhouse, white everything (including walls!) kinda girl. We are compromising and although, these logs and tongue-n-groove will remain, The rest of the home will be transformed with paint, money, paint, time, and more paint! Thank you so much for stopping by!
--Oh, and I am going camera shopping this weekend! Can I get a whoot!whoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment