Thursday, November 15, 2012

my wandering mind...

You will see this post title quite a bit from me. It is because I find it nearly impossible to focus on just one project, just one room, or just the house, or just the yard. You know what I mean. I take everything in and I am perfectly happy that way. It drives Mr. LOH pretty nutso, but, he married me knowing I am like that. I should be focusing on the final touches for Anna's bedroom. I know. I know. I know.

With the celebration of Christmas just around the corner, I start thinking about what I should get for my three deserving children and wonderful husband. You're thinking that we ALL do that right? Well, do you all think about what kind of gifts would look best in your house? Do you think about a current project you are working on and how that gift should be a slam dunk with that project? I do. I am so bad like that.

Benny's room has been slowly evolving into a sports-themed room. It began as a woodsy-camping-wildlife kinda thing and "evolved" into football and basketball. The boy changes his mind with the wind. I can totally relate.

 
We started out with Vintage Camo sheets from PB teen. One navy and one black.
 
Our final answer? Circo Score! sheets from Target.
 
Benny loves the pattern and they have a vintage-y vibe to them. Don't you think?

I love PBK bedding. It is divine. However I can't justify spending money on the sheets anymore. My kids burn through their sheets for whatever reason or they go from spider-man to squirrels to football to elephants to star wars or something wildly unpredictable like that. I bought these sheets from Target and actually like them more than the sheets I have previously purchased from pbk. They are a very nice quality! They aren't on the beds yet - I plan to save them for the reveal. Once we start using them and washing the bajeebers out of them, I will let you know how/if they hold up. I have high hopes for these.

Any who, I've been looking for basketball hoops for Benny's room. There are a gazillion choices out there. I would like it to mount to the wall. I have this ambitious itch to paint the backboard myself and do something fun and funky. I just might do that. We shall see.

 
Pottery Barn Kids hoop. But do I want a toy? The chalkboard score keepers are a nice touch. No prob for a DIY project.
 
 
Or a real hoopy hoop? Sorry about the photo. Just couldn't get it right.

Any ideas out there for indoor basketball hoops for a young boy's room? I would love to hear from you.
It should be D-U-R-A-B-L-E. Boys will be boys!

Have a great weekend and thank you so much for visiting!
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment