Friday, September 21, 2012

My wandering mind

Here I am right smack in the middle of remodeling my basement yet I find myself dreaming about the future remodel of our kitchen. Is that crazy? Is it odd? I just don't know. Could it be that I so desperately long for the change in the kitchen (more efficient floor plan, new appliances that actually work) that I so selfishly focus on it? Honestly, the remodel in the basement is a gift. To say I strongly disliked the way it looked before we bought the house is well, an understatement. There wasn't a single thing I liked about it. Not one thing. I didn't bother to furnish it or put photos up. The only time the place was dusted was twice a year: Thanksgiving and my oldest son's birthday. Yes, I admit that. I am the type of person who finds it very difficult to care for a space that I don't love. I did the same thing with my 13 y-o minivan, by the way. I will spend some time this evening surfing the internet for furniture pieces to store an xbox and a playstation along with many other electronic media devices that I don't even know how to turn on, let alone make any use of. So, there's my answer. This media room remodel isn't for me. It is for my husband and children and their visiting friends. I don't watch tv. I'm not a gamer. I don't even know how to sit still long enough to do anything leisurely like that. The kitchen is my space. It is where I spend all of my time throughout the day and late into the night. There lies the reasoning behind my lack of attention. So, dear hubby, thank you so much for the work you do and continue to do to make our house a home. I will try to focus on the task at hand and not wander (to far) away from where you are.

xo Emily







No comments:

Post a Comment